Alternate Win Cards
Some cards are win conditions with rules text that says "you win the game" if a certain condition is met. These are organized here by the timing and the strategy of the win condition, along with the color identity of each winning card.
Beginning of Your Upkeep
Since many of these cards grant victory by fulfilling a condition at the beginning of your upkeep, it may be useful to include instant-speed enablers such as removal.or , for example, to cast the victory card on the end step before your turn to minimize exposure to
These cards are permanents that have to stay on the field long enough to accumulate counters to fulfill the victory condition, so it may be useful to include ways to protect these cards from removal. Proliferate effects can help accumulate counters faster than expected (e.g. or ).
- wins with 5 filibuster counters, adding one each upkeep and removing one when you take damage.
- wins with 10 luck counters gained by winning coin flips.
- wins with 20 charge counters, adding one on each of your upkeeps.
- wins by paying mana to accumulate 100 tower counters.
- wins with 20 growth counters, gained by putting +1/+1 counters on your creatures.
- artifacts. wins with 20 or more
- artifacts of the same name. wins with 8 or more
- wins with 10 or more Treasures (artifact tokens).
- wins with 20 or more creatures on the field; token creatures are acceptable.
- wins with 20 or more (non-token) creature cards in the graveyard.
- Demons tribe creatures. wins with 4 or more distinct
- wins with a creature of power 20 or greater.
Not Collecting Permanents
- wins if you control no other permanents and have no cards in hand. It is a legal reprint of the card "The Cheese Stands Alone" from the Unglued set.
- wins with 40 or more life.
- wins with 50 or more life.
- wins with exactly 1 life.
- wins with the highest life total when the last omen counter is removed.
Beginning of Your End Step
- wins if you control 4 or more creatures named " ."
At Any Time
- wins by casting it from your hand, having already cast it this game.
- and win by attempting to draw a card with an empty library.
- wins by activating its ability and having 10 or more distinct Gates (a land subtype).
The following are not playable in EDH.
- is BANNED.
- would require breaking the Singleton deck building constraint.
- would require more cards than are legally in an EDH deck.